The Municipal Water Authority of the City of Aliquippa has adopted the following provisions for the collection and termination of water and sewer service.
If the owner or occupant of a premises served by the Authority neglects or fails to pay, for a period of 30 days from the account due date, a rental, rate or charge for water, sewer, sewerage or sewage treatment service imposed by the Municipal Water Authority, the Authority shall shut off the supply of water to the premises until all overdue rentals, rates, charges and associated penalties and interest are paid.
2. WRITTEN NOTICE
Except as set forth in subsection (3), all of the following apply:
- In no case shall the water supply to premises be shut off until ten days after a written notice of intention to do so has been posted at a main entrance and mailed to the person liable for payment of the rentals and charges and the owner of the property or property manager.
- If during the ten-day period the person liable for payment of the rentals and charges delivers to the water utility authority supplying water to the premises a written statement under oath or affirmation averring that there is a just defense to all or part of the claim and that the statement was not executed for the purpose of delay, the water supply shall not be shut off until the claim has been judicially determined.
Prior to discontinuing service in a residential building as defined under the act of November 26, 1978 (P.L. 1255, No. 299), known as the Utility Service Tenants Rights Act, the Authority shall comply with the provisions of that act.
4. FAILURE OF PREVIOUS LESSEE TO PAY BILL
- Nothing shall be construed by this protocol to authorize the Authority to shut off or deny water service to a lessee for failure of a previous lessee to a pay a water or sewer service rate, rental, or charge.
- Quarterly billing will occur during the months of January, April, July, and October.
- On the first day of the month, following the issuance of the quarterly bill, all unpaid accounts are to be identified. The account holder shall receive a delinquent notice and a late penalty is added to the bill pursuant to subsection (B1).
- On the first day of the following month, the account is to be shut off.
- The service will be restored within 24 hours of full payment on the account.
- No shutoffs shall occur on a Friday.
- No checks will be accepted for accounts which are shut off.
Chairman, Municipal Water Authority of Aliquippa
Municipal Water Authority
160 Hopewell Avenue
Aliquippa, PA 15001
REGULAR BOARD MEETING:
3rd Wednesday of Every Month
at 6:00 pm.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
Emergencies: (724) 375-5259
PA – Call Before You Dig: 811
Phone: (724) 375-5525
Fax: (724) 375-8657